Sunday, October 10, 2010

HEAVENLY SUNLIGHT

The past several days have been so beutiful here in central Indiana. Most days the sky has been clear with sunshine all day. This morning my mind turned to a beautiful old hymn "Heavenly Sunlight", which was written by a Methodist preacher, Henry Zelley in 1899. This hymn wasn't lost in history but was made public by Charles E. Fuller, a radio broadcaster who changed sunlight to sunshine and played it each Sunday morning on, Old Fashioned Revival Hour.

Walking in sunlight all of my journey,
Over the mountains, through the deep vale;
Jesus has said, I’ll never forsake thee—
Promise divine that never can fail.

Refrain:
Heavenly sunlight! Heavenly sunlight!
Flooding my soul with glory divine;
Hallelujah! I am rejoicing,
Singing His praises, Jesus is mine!

Shadows around me, shadows above me
Never conceal my Savior and Guide;
He is the light, in Him is no darkness,
Ever I’m walking close to His side.

In the bright sunlight, ever rejoicing,
Pressing my way to mansions above;
Singing His praises, gladly I’m walking,
Walking in sunlight, sunlight of love.

As I was searching for this song on Youtube, I found several very different arrangements, but have included two sites that I thought were interesting. I hope you enjoy both of them.



No comments: