Thursday, March 24, 2011

SPRING FIREPLACE MANTLE REDO

DSCF1014

I decided it was time to change the mantle to something different. It was a changing scene for SEVERAL days. Papi never new what would be up there next. I believe this mirror was an auction find sometime ago. Not really sure, but I just shopped our collection, and there it was. Really like the shape.

DSCF1016

While thrifting at Goodwill Outlet, recently, I spied this little Wedgwood vase. Of course, I grabbed it as quickly as I could. At .49 per pound, I figure it was worth the purchase. What do you think?

DSCF1009

The doves have been stored for awhile and they told me they really wanted to be out where everyone could see them. I know that’s what they said.

DSCF1010

The oil lamp belonged to my grandfather Wainscott. I was fortunate to purchase it at one of his auctions. I was told that he sold oil lamps before he and my grandmother were married. There was a hanging lamp that I REALLY wanted, but it was out of my price range. This lamp has already been promised to one of our grandchildren when we are finished with it.

DSCF1012

I decided my grandfather Wainscott’s mantle clock should have a chance to actually be on a mantle for a change. My mother inherited the clock and for the past several years it has been on the top of a book shelf in her apartment. Soon my brothers and I will be dividing mothers things and I just thought the clock could have a place of honor on my mantle until that time.

DSCF1015

The group of candles had been on the mantle, previously, and they just sort of stayed, giving some additional color. Everything has stayed the same for a few days now. Maybe I’m finished. Well, at least for a few days. Love the fact that I can always do something different if I feel like it.

Have a God filled Day

Shirley

Linking to the following Linky Parties

Vintage Inspiration Friday http://commonground-debrasvintagedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/vintage-inspiration-friday-28-what-can.html

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/2011/03/little-vintage-books-feathered-nest.html
Photobucket"/>
SAS Interiors


 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

So pretty!
the mirror looks great as does the old clock and lamp...
I like it.

Janet said...

Thanks for your visit and leaving sweet comments! I so enjoy finding vintage treasures, too! I'd love for you to enter my giveaway!
Following back!
Blessings,
Janet

Homeroad said...

Great look! Thanks for linking up!
Susan

Unknown said...

Lovely mantle vignette Shirley. Neat how every piece has its own story. When it comes to decorating this is the way to go in my opinion. Things should have meaning that way they are enriching, you know?

Have a lovely weekend!

The Grown-Ups Table said...

So pretty, I am in love with the clock! I am your newest follower, and can't wait to enjoy more of your posts!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore your mantle~ swoon!

I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sommer said...

Grammy it's beautiful as always =) The clock is making me tick! Thanks for linking up to the VIP party today =)

Sommer said...

Shirley it's beautiful as always =) The clock is making me tick! Thanks for linking up to the VIP party today =)

The Grown-Ups Table said...

Thanks for visiting and following our blog!!! I am Nancy, I live on the NOrth Shore of Lake Superior in Minnesota. My daughter who also does this blog with me is in Colorado.

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

What a beautiful mantle full of special treasures! Laurel

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What a lovely mantle! I love the mirror and clock~ I love treasure hunting too! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

Anonymous said...

loving that mirror! nice job! :)

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love your spring touches. What a lucky find on that Wedgewood. I have a few small pieces but have never been lucky to find any at the thrift store.

Carolyn said...

The mantle looks great!! I especially love the mantle itself -- that is a beautiful wood! Found you from Green Door Designs and am now your newest follower!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Your mantel looks so pretty, and I love that you used some things that belonged to your grandfather. I love the shape of that mirror, and what a great deal on that Wedgwood piece! It's beautiful. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

Your mantle looks so pretty. I love the clocks. My dad used to build clocks so I'm very drawn to them. How fun for you to be selling things at a Flea Market. I sell things on etsy but haven't for a little bit while I settle into a new house. I'm your newest follower and I hope you can visit me at Cottage and Creek. God bless ... Lynn

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so much fun decorating for Spring! I love your new look...and I love candles! It makes it complete! ♥

Kathy said...

Hello! Love changing things up seasonally - a mantle is a wonderful place - I love your combinations - I am thrilled for you for that vase - it is a terrific find!
Kathy